Teardrops for Heroes

The Moving Wall came to Elmira on a very dark, rainy August weekend. People came in bunches, very subdued. The Wall is a good place, a prayerful place, a sad place. The Viet Nam war made that place in many peoples' hearts.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

It was a very rainy Sunday.

People were still at church or in bed. Or so I thought. I thought wrong; mostly in couples, the townfolk filtered through the downpours, not at all in a hurry. The rain was part of it.

Thought the camera would be ruined. My clothes were soaked through, but I didn't notice until I wandered into a local store. A patron looked at me and laughed. Then I realized I must have been a sight.

There would be a lot of rainsoaked Elmirans this afternoon. Many carried cameras, despite the rain.

Except for cropping and sizing, my photos (below) have not been altered. They are presented in no particular order.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?